Making WAVES is honored to host this free, public symposium to address a variety of climate/ ocean topics, marine protected areas, plastics and environmental impacts, plus agricultural and watershed connections. This community-focused, interactive event will offer plenty of opportunities for you to learn about how our oceans are affected and what we all can do to protect and preserve our oceans.
Location: University of Colorado at Boulder University Memorial Center
Time: 8:00AM – 5:30PM
Time: 8:00AM – 5:30PM
What Will I Learn?
Between informative keynote presentations, topic-specific panels and interactive “dive-in” sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of ocean issues, including:
* Savvy travel: Eco-tourism and adventure travel
* How to be a “responsible” traveler
* What it is like to be a submarine pilot
* How fossil fuels impacts oceans and inland water sources
* Aquaculture and sustainable seafood – What Seafood can I eat?
* How Plastic Pollution effects oceans and animals
* How the Inland Ocean Movement partners to protect oceans
View a list of confirmed Symposium speakers and speaker bios here.
* Fabien Cousteau, Diver and Founder of Plant a Fish
* Richard Charter, Senior Fellow, The Ocean Foundation
* David Guggenheim, President, Ocean Doctor
* Holly Lohuis, Field Producer, Exec. Coordinator for Jean-Michel Cousteau
* Mark Spalding, President, The Ocean Foundation
* Stephanie Tobor, Founder, Green Apple Supply
* Jim Toomey, “Sherman’s Lagoon Cartoonist and Ocean Advocate
* Richard Theiss, RTSea Media
* Gregg Treinish, Executive Director of Adventurers and Scientists for Conservation
* Erika Bergman, Submersible Pilot, ExploreOcean
* Dennis Long, Executive Director, Monterey Bay Sanctuary Foundation
* Sonja Fordham, President, Shark Advocates International
* John Armor, Deputy Director, NOAA National Marine Sanctuaries
Check out Making Waves 2012 Speaker videos
Are you interested in becoming a weekend sponsor? Download sponsor packet or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Co-sponsored by Colorado Ocean Coalition and Colorado Scuba Retailers Association.
Special thanks to Richard Charter.